Stumpknocker

I have been scouring the internet stealing photos to make the movie.  If you have pictures of any of these folks on the trail please let me know.  If you have pictures of them in copromising positions don't send them.  If you want some let me know :>)) If you know anyone else that are thruhikers/2000 milers and will be at the ruck let me know.  Is Ready a thru hiker? Seems like she finished in Hot Spings a while back or was that someone else.

Thanks for your support
ClydeFrom jbullar1 at twcny.rr.com  Mon Nov 28 13:59:21 2005
From: jbullar1 at twcny.rr.com (Jim Bullard)
Date: Mon Nov 28 14:04:22 2005
Subject: [at-l] (OT)   Solar Advances

At 02:31 PM 11/28/2005 -0500, Jan Leitschuh wrote:
>  Here's one cool website for both conservation and LED info.
>Plus all kinds of nifty alternative power info:
>
>http://www.otherpower.com/otherpower_conservation.html
>
>Bro says Nightwalker's tip can cut your electric bill in half (assuming
>you don't have electric heat.
>Wall warts and remotes are other energy stealers.
>
>>We've been switching our incandescent over to screw-in fluorescents. They
>>don't flicker, they have warm colors, and cut lighting costs where changed
>>by slightly over 75%.

Ummmm. There's something I don't understand RE: the "Wall Warts" as the
site refers to them. It says "These force you to make 12 volt DC power to
charge your batteries, convert it to 110 volt AC with an inverter (and with
power loss), then they convert it back down to around 12 volts DC (again at
a loss)."

The power coming into my house is 110-120 Volt AC not 12 Volt DC. If we had
12 Volt DC at out wal sockets we wouldn't need the inverters. I'm not
converting DC to AC and then back again. I'm converting AC to DC (once) and
using it as DC.

The reason your house runs on AC BTW is that DC doesn't transmit over
distances well. You want inefficient, a DC power grid would be it.