[at-l] (OT) Solar Advances

:::          LED diode household lighting is coming along and all
::: lights should be switching over to LED in about 10 years. LED's sip
::: electricity.
::
:: yes, my bro also says that's coming to mass market. I'll pass along a
:: good website when I find it that speaks to that, also ways to
:: conserve
:: NOW. There are energy wasters I didn't even know were energy wasters.
We've been switching our incandescent over to screw-in fluorescents. They
don't flicker, they have warm colors, and cut lighting costs where changed
by slightly over 75%.

Right over my head, there are two bulbs that put out the light of a 60-watt
incandescent bulb using only 14 watts. In the kitchen, the bright ones put
out the same lumens as a 100-watt incandescent bulb for 23 watts. Amazing.

And, it's something that I was able to do without much cost, which is a
lovely thing!

NightLighter