[at-l] Holiday Eating Plan

In a message dated 11/22/2005 9:27:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
janl2@mindspring.com writes:

How  about this one?

7.

"Watch portion  size - Just adding an extra 1/2 cup of cereal,
tablespoon of butter, extra ounce of meat and slice of bread to
the daily diet can add up to about 320 extra calories. If  done
consistently, this could produce another  pound of fat every 11
days! Using measuring cups  and spoons and a small scale can help
keep  portions under control."

That every 11-day thing got my  attention...

Someone pointed out to me that consistency is an important factor in
gaining.  Adding the extras each day for 11 days will accomplish a gain in  weight.
BUT, please, everyone, enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner. One meal will  not make you
gain weight.  Indulge to your heart's (Stomach's)  content.  Then, with a
satisfied tummy, you can go back on a regular diet  (way of eating) and all will
be fine.  Celebrations bring joy!

If you find that there are too many "celebrations" (it IS that time of  year)
then just watch your portions and select those times when you can indulge
more or when you can get by with just eating the protein.

After all, January will be here soon enough and then the Resolutions will
mold your behavior (at least for a day or three).  In the meantime,  Celebrate!

Skylander