[at-l] So what IS cold weather camping?

Cold weather camping: first rule I learned out of the Springer Mt register;
thou shall not hang thy waterbag on the shelter wall, or thou will own six
pounds of ice in the morning. Rule two in the register was that the 6 inch
perimeter of the shelter floor belongs to the mice. Never violated #1, and
only violated #2 once <g>

Right now I'm remembering the wind howling through the Georgia gaps,
sounding like a low flying jet except that it never stopped. The mornings
where I ended up having granola bars for breakfast while I was moving since
I figured I'd get more heat out of the exercise than I would out of a hot
breakfast. The misery of packing a frozen tent with frozen fingers. Know
something? I think I miss it....

skeeter