[at-l] The Con Man Wore Hiking Boots

In a message dated 11/19/2005 10:15:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Snodrog5@aol.com writes:

"Saved"  has been caught.
>From the Washington Post:
------
The Con Man  Wore Hiking Boots

This is indeed a small world.  Dan Nichols (article  spelled his name wrong)
was on my college soccer team in the early  1960s, in fact, his brother was my
roommate.  When he first helped  "Saved" he and I talked about the incident
and then in the ensuing months when I  heard all about the problems caused by
the individual and told Dan,  he communicated with the police and gave them
information that identified  him by name, etc., and put the police in touch with
his family.

Dan still has a shower for hikers who wander off the trail.  He is  motivated
by his religious faith and helps people who appear to be hungry  or lost.  He
should be included in one of the trail guides for those who  seek out the
little places along the trail that offer comfort.

Skylander Jack