[at-l] Benton MacKay Resources

In a message dated 11/18/2005 3:27:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jurbine@west-chester.com writes:

For  those interested there was nice lecture, short movie, and slide show
given at  this past years Gathering by the author of a book on MacKay life. I had
a  chance to show him some letters Benton had written to friends of mine who
were  hiking the trail back in the early seventies. If we ever get this
gentleman  back for a future trial gathering I would highly recommend his
presentation.

----
I saw Larry Anderson and others present on MacKaye at a Dartmouth Gathering
- wonderful insights into the man who first published a proposal for a long
Appalachian trail. It was acknowledged that the actual builder of the
Appalachian trail, Myron Avery, is overlooked by most people outside the AT  community.

>From a mountain in Maine: "Myron Halliburton Avery, whose foresight,
leadership, and diligence made possible the Appalachian Trail."

Lest we forget.

Teej