[at-l] Benton Mackaye Resources

Were these letter ever published?  The book that I have coming on loan
from Mexico is titled "Correspondence of Benton MacKaye" and the owner
even states he has no idea where it came from or if the book was ever
printed en masse (he's one of those types that buy books by the pound
at estate sales and reads all the time in his "estate" overlooking the
gulf of mexico - what a good life that must be!)

I also have this book on order from amazon:

http://tinyurl.com/beh2d

It looks like it has some promise.  It sounds as if the author goes
past the AT into other areas of conservation and I am hoping that the
book will shed some more light on his conservationist views,
specifically I hope to better understand how his views changed over
time and to better understand his overall motivations, even political
if any were discussed.

Greg