[at-l] Are You (Wo)Man Enough?

Never jumped out of airplanes, but I have rappeled out of helicopters. I guess my chemistry differs from that of others.
(Surprised? I doubt it...)

It's "mind over matter"; if'n you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

-"Camo"

 Ah, it's a mind thing. Surely you can see that.
 The mind does some interesting things to our neurochemistry.
 Fear of falling and of loud noises are said to be the two basic fears
 people are born with.
 It's fun to play with that chemistry of adrenaline. That's why some
 people jump out of airplanes.

> camojack@comcast.net wrote:
>
> > What's the big deal? Unless you're acrophobic; it's not as though you
> > could actually FALL or anything, which you can at the Knife Edge...
> > -"Camo"

> > > Well I guess this was coming. Then they will construct a bridge,
> > then a
> > > monorail.
> > >
> > > I could do it. I once went over the whirlpools at the bend on the
> > > Niagara River in one of those cable cars 2000 feet high. I
> > thought that
> > > took bowels ;)
> > >
> > > I also get into my Jeep every day and drive in Cleveland traffic.
> > >
> > > Thanx for the links Jan.
> > >
> > > Marsha

> > would you be?)
> > includes

> http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/08/0826_050826_grandcanyon.html

> From askowronek at mindspring.com  Wed Nov 16 18:11:57 2005
>>> What's the big deal? Unless you're acrophobic; it's not as though
>>> you
>>> could actually FALL or anything, which you can at the Knife Edge...

You could actually fall.  You're taking their word for it that it's
safe.

What was that big hotel with a glass bridge that failed a few years
back?  And it wasn't 4000 feet up.