[at-l] Bearfoot

Hey thats cool,
                        Glad to hear that Bearfoot wrote a book. We met
Bearfoot when we all were hiking north from GA. I received his journal
entrys and enjoyed reading them as he finished the AT. My hike ended at
Franklin and I was able to get out to the trail crossing and give him an
apple I believe. I wonder what he had to say about Mrs Gorp and myself.
We were the only experienced hikers in the bunch early that year. Many
of those that struggled to do their daily miles were old pro's later in
the year.
                       I hope to get my paperwork finished and start
hiking again this weekend. Perhaps making Kincora around Thanksgiving. I
am sending out two food drops. Standing Bear at Davenport gap and the
Hike Inn at Fontana. I will just wing it the rest of the time. Who does
shuttles to a buss station from Springer or Amicolola, I may as well
walk the approach trail one more time.
    Pittsa, where are you located down there anyway? It sure was neat to
see you in the 100 mile wilderness and again at Katahdin in 1999. That
was the best diet soda I ever had, even better than the one I had at the
cookie ladys this summer:-). Its always nice to see old friends from ATL
when I am out hiking. Always a pleasant surprise.

chase hike hike hike hike