[at-l] Indian Summer

At 11:17 AM 11/13/2005 -0500, greyowl@rcn.com wrote:
>For the past four days the weather has been wonderful.  Cool crisp mornings
>followed by pleasantly warm afternoons has allowed me to catch up on some
>of my
>yard work.  The other good piece of news is that my foot has been healed
>and I have
>been slowly walking (definitely not a speed demon).  The local rail to
>trails path has
>seen me a lot recently.  Love all of the leaves on the ground.  End of the
>month I will
>be heading towards the AT for a few short AT hikes.  I have shelter watch
>the first
>week in January.  It would be bad if I could not climb up to the shelter.
>
>Hope that you had the opportunity to get out and enjoy nature this
>weekend.  I would
>rather be outdoors than stuck inside ( I am saying this as I am sealing
>grout on my
>kitchen floor)
>
>Bob Grey Owl Dudley

Not in the woods but I am outdoors. 68? in mid-November! That doesn't
happen often. Guys are riding their motorcycles. I would if I hadn't
already set mine up for winter storage and piled lots of yard stuff around
it. Instead I'm moving crushed stone in a wheelbarrow, filling the grooves
that rain has created under the eves of the house. I'll spend the afternoon
on other outside chores and (if I have time) take a walk. I've lots of
indoor work to do but it can wait for a chilly day. Days like this are to
precious to miss.