[at-l] Why'd that do that?

At 09:23 AM 11/12/2005 -0500, Felix wrote:
>40*44.639' N
>76*50.026' W
>
>For all y'all with mapping/topo programs and guesses about geology and the
>like, why do you think the ridges to the east (there are two ridges that
>are 'arrow' shaped, one inside the other) of this point do what they do?
>also,
>at 40* 44.468'N  and 76* 47.517' W  why does the stream go through right
>there?  another thing...why can't I make the symbol for degrees anymore?
>
>Pog...you gonna foreward this to Ed for me?
>
>--
>Felix J. McGillicuddy

I can answer the ? symbol part. You still can but for some reason the old
key combination that prior versions of Windows used to just type it doesn't
work in XP (one of the things I don't like about XP). To do it now you need
to go to the Character Map (Start>Programs>Accessories>System
Tools>Character Map). You then select the degree symbol from the map for
the font you are using, copy it, return to the application you were working
with and paste it in. In other words they (MicroSoft) took an easy 2 key
combo task and made it into a multi-window complicated task. DUH! If the
character map is something you use frequently (as I do) I suggest you make
a shortcut to it on you desktop. Still way more complicated that it used to
be but it does simplify the first step.