[at-l] Happy Veterans Day!

At 10:11 AM 11/11/2005 -0500, Bror8588@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 11/11/2005 10:06:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>garyticknor@starpower.net writes:
>
>US Army,  '69-'72: Ft Bragg, Ft Gordon, Ft Benning; Qui Nhon & Long My,
>Viet  Nam; Schweinfurt, Germany
>
>- Greenbriar, check it out,  dude
>
>George (Tin Man) Andrews wrote:
>
> > A heartfelt thanks to  all Veterans everywhere and to my brothers in
> > arms - U.S. Army  1972-74.  Many prayers for safety for our active duty
> > troops  worldwide and for my 2 sons one in the Nat'l Guard in Alabama
> > and our  'baby' in the Navy.  God bless you all!  Thank you for my
> >  freedom.
> > George
> >

>My years of service were 1956 to 1960 in the U.S. Navy.  Three years  of Sea
>Duty and never went aboard ship (except for Thanksgiving Dinner in  Mayport,
>FL).  After Boot Camp (Bainbridge, MD) I was stationed in Norman,  Oklahoma;
>Pensacola, FL; Norfolk, VA; and Jacksonville, FL.  During this  time of our
>country's history we were at peace.
>
>Skylander

I volunteered in 1964. The Army taught me how to kill people but I never
did. I was a photographer (surprise, surprise) and the only shooting I did
for three years (aside from target practice where I qualified as an expert
by hitting 285 out of 300 targets) was with a 4X5 camera. I loved my job
and hated the Army (they were pretty anal back then) for 3 years. Gratitude
from others for my service is appreciated but not necessary. All in all I'm
glad I did it and feel that I gained from the experience.