[at-l] Decline in Backpacking

In a message dated 11/9/2005 3:32:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spiriteagle99@hotmail.com writes:

> They were the Kushmans - and they didn't finish, but they were the first
> online journal.  BTW - Nexmo was short for "next motel"
>
> Sly takes second place cause Gutsy was the second on-line journal.

Right, I remember reading that journal.  Coming in second is OK with me.

As far as being the earliest to hike and then having a journal online it may
go to Ron and Linda Moak's  Appalachian Trail Adventure from their hike in
'77.  I know it was around the inter of '96.

Sly