[at-l] OT - White Picket Fence Dreams

Okay, so I've done it. The picture I held in my mind all of the AT,
indeed, for years before that, is coming into being. The
little-yellow-cottage-in-the-woods is not done yet, but every month
brings new paint to the sketches.

This past week I installed the white picket fence with the little
arbor gateway. Okay, so I'm a corny romantic traditionalist homebody
at the core of my wandering heart. The truth had to come out sometime.

This morning I planted some antique roses - the rosy Zephrine Drouhin,
Madame Alfred Carrier (a vigorous white noisette climber, very
fragrant) the pink tea Dutchess de Brabant, Souvenir del la Malmaison
(old-fashioned, quartered pale pink blossoms that look like lingerie)
and Madame Isaac Periere (a raspberry cabbage rose, wonderful scent)
and more to drape over the fence. I'll add a few clematis to clamber
over them, then start on the perennial bed.

So that's why I've had (as one friend puts it) carpet lint in my shoe
treads this year. Just thought I'd share that, since you all knew me
when I was homeless.

Oh, and my peas and cabbage are doing just fine, thank you.

Farmer/Homebody Shoe