[at-l] clothing for a little walk

> And, of course, I'd lay money on the fleece neck ring thingie. For
> some reason, that little scrap of neck fleece kept me obscenely warm
> at night.

I have something that sort of combines the two. It's a large open
fleece tube with a cinch cord on one side, so it can be opened for the
neck gaiter thing, and closed for use as a hat. It also works as a
pillow cover -- open the cord, and wrap it around a stuff sack full of
other clothes. Much nicer than laying my head on bare silnylon.  My
wife made it for me, but I've seen similar stuff in stores.

The neck thing is killer in camp on a cold night.

--Ken B