[at-l] Meds, was SoRuck was Three things...

--- Jim Bullard <jbullar1@twcny.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm experiencing persistent Achilles tendon soreness though,
even with stretches and R.I.C.E. I tried telling my Dr. about it
> yesterday after walking 6 miles to the appointment and he cut
me off with "we're all getting older you know".
### I LOVE IT.

> I really need to find a Dr. who *listens* and
> doesn't automatically dismiss any and all pain/soreness
> because my hair is white and the assumption that it's simply
age.
### Keep looking! Take heart! 8 years ago (as I'm taking up
distance running), I went to my doctor with a knee complaint,
sed the meds he prescribed (NSAIDS, don't remember exactly what,
"Orudis" maybe) weren't doing the trick. He sed (no lie) "Well,
you're getting too old to run" as if to say "Well, Du-uhhhh." So
here it's 8 years later, when I stop training, my resting pulse
*decreases* into the 50s, I'm running ultra marathons on
(sometimes, and not particularly a moment to be proud) "whims",
and he's...... he's slowly learning. In Autumn 2002, he
suspected I'd had a major heart attack, had advanced liver
cancer, and a raft of other stuff (remember that?!), all because
he didn't listen to me. Now, I go in, tell 'im what I want, he
writes a script, and then we chat while he takes a breather from
his busy day. He's still scratching his head, but he knows too
that I've never been wrong re myself or my kids.

meditoe

Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.