[at-l] Meds, was SoRuck was Three things...

At 11:17 AM 11/4/2005 -0600, Bruce R. Drum wrote:
>I've loaded forty pounds of rocks into an old pack and am now up to doing
>an hour twice a week at a reasonable trot.  It's funny how turning 50 gets
>you to think seriously about your health, or, more appropriately, the trail.

You'd be better off doing a half hour 4-5 times/week. You need rest days
but 5 is too many. 3 workout days/week is minimal, 4 or 5 is better, 6 is max.

It took me until about 55/56 to start 'feeling' my age. I'm aware that to a
certain extent the Dr. is right but it annoys me that he doesn't even want
to hear about pain on the assumption that it is age. Given the extent I'm
working out I might be doing something wrong that is causing it. If so I
need advice on how to mitigate it, not just swallow more pills. I should
probably be looking for a sports Dr.