[at-l] New to list

Indeed, we are a supportive bunch.  I'm made the switch from Red Hat
RPM based distros to Debian (though I said I never would).  My home
computer now runs Ubuntu and I am happy as a clam to be free of all
those worms, the millions of viruses, spyware, bots, etc, etc.

One thing you could do with your computer, assuming that you have
enough disk space and a high speed Internet connection, would be to
have people ftp their pictures from the trial to you and you could
burn DVDs for them.  I know a guy with a Mac that did that for friends
then ended up doing it as a business because the demand was so high.
I've got an old Mac (well, G4 TiBook with DVD writer) that I was going
to use for this very purpose but given my regular job, wireless
projects, etc I just didn't have time.  But I'd still like to see
someone on the list burn DVDs of pictures for people.

Potentially there exists the possibility of taking some of the very
best pictures from different collections and making a "best of DVD"
that you could sell (and kick back a bit of $$ for license rights to
the photographer of the pics you used).  If there is one thing I don't
have enough of is DVDs from the AT.

Greg