[at-l] New to list

Hello, All:  Just joined the list.  My name is Tom Poe, and I live in
Iowa.  I'm on a VA pension for health reasons, presently restricted to
1/2 mile out, and 1/2 mile back most days.  Probably won't be hiking the
trail in the near future.  :)

I have a cheap computer on my table.  It was donated by someone that was
upgrading to a newer computer.  I loaded Fedora Core 1 on it, and then
loaded audio and video software from Stanford University's Center for
Computer Research in Music and Acoustics.  This cheap computer is
capable of being used by 9 year olds to create audio and video
recordings or learn to read/write music, or by 12 year olds that want to
create CDs and DVDs, tv shows, and radio shows, that are the same
quality as produced by international record labels or film studios or
broadcast networks.  It's all freely available to anyone.

Are there places along the trail that might find something like this
useful to have?  Since the cost would simply be that for postage to send
the computers, and all technical support and training would be free,
it's just a matter of making arrangements over the Internet.  How many
do you think would be needed?

Let me know what you all think.
Tom Poe
--