[at-l] OT 'View Tax'

At 02:45 PM 11/1/2005 -0500, Bob C wrote:

>It's a myth that property assessments reflecting increased property values
>automatically increase tax bills....clip...
>Weary, a certified Maine tax collector, who served 12 years as an elected
>assessor. And whose house has a great view that he pays for annually when
>his property tax bill comes in.

Well, I'm a non-certified taxpayer and I think it is
double/triple/quadruple/etc. taxation to tax my property. I was taxed on
the income I used to buy the house, I had to pay mortgage tax when I bought
it and then I get taxed repeatedly on the same house every year that I own
it. GWB and company want to do away with the inheritance tax because it is
"double taxation" according to them. What about taxing my house over and
over and over and over...

Sorry. You got me going.