[at-l] My Bike Ride...by Felix J. McGillicuddy (Was TJ bitching)

George (Tin Man) Andrews wrote:

> Alcohol Stove Safety Rules and Operating Instructions 3/05
> 4) Do not try to put the stove out. Plan enough fuel to cover expected
> cooking needs and let any extra burn itself out when you are finished. ...

A while back (years?), someone posted a design to make a stove snuffer
out of the bottom of a Pepsi can. It worked by fitting over the stove
(in this case a conventional soda can stove) and extinguishing the flame
by depriving the stove of oxygen. It had a handle made by leaving strips
of the soda can attached and taped over the top so that the entire
snuffer looked like a cookie cutter.

I have had BAD results in trying to blow out a stove, but GOOD results
using the snuffer. Comments?

- Greenbriar