[at-l] My Bike Ride...and, stove....

Quoting "George (Tin Man) Andrews" <tinman@antigravitygear.com>:

>  For the first time ever, I used my new TinMan-made cook stove. I
> > LOVE
> > IT. (Note to stove maker: You need to tell people not to add fuel to a
> > burning
> > stove. This is information I could have used.) I still need to learn about
> > > how
> > much fuel I need to use for various things (for fuel efficiency). But, I
> > LOVE
> > the stove.
> >

> ahem...Master Felix,
> (bring forth the Holy Hand Grenade!)  I quoteth from numero 5 o'the Alcohol
> Stove Safety Rules And Operating Instructions included with the stove:

Instructions are for saps. You know that.

> "5) Never refuel a hot stove.  It is impossible to see alcohol flames in the
>
> daylight and you could pour fuel onto a burning stove.  If you can't hold
> the stove comfortably in your hand for 10 seconds, it is still too hot to
> refuel."

Well, that certainly makes sense. And, you're right; you can't see alcohol
flames in the daylight. You can sure feel 'em burning up your arm, though.

> It is somewhat theroetically possible I failed to include the instruction
> sheet with your set.  If so please accept my apologies and my thanks for
> your not blowing yourself up.
>
> Glad you liked the stove.  Powerful little sucker, eh?  Good Day 1 trip
> report - where's the rest?  :)

Naaaahhhh, you dent fail to include the instructions. And, I didn't fail to
read them. I didn't really add fuel to a burning stove. I's just jackin' ya.
And, yes, that is a powerful little sucker. I think I need to figure out how to
bring stuff to a boil, let the stove go out, then bring to a boil again to help
regulate the heat. I flat-out loved the stove, though. I may could try to do
some more of that trip report today. I started it last night and didn't like
it...so, I need to come up with some embellishments, or something. A
controversy, or somehtning....