The AK-47 of cameras? Re: [at-l] Digital Camera

--- Mark Hudson <mvhudson@gmail.com> wrote:

> What it doesn't have is a proctected LCD display (It's not
> behind one of those closing covers). I'm hoping someone knows
if a way to protect this,

### I have never seen a "protected" LCD display, skeets; FWIW, I
have nearly 1000 miles on my Canon Digital Elph(?) 2meg (that
very common little boxey job), and have never had problems nor
have I heard of any.

### EEEeewwwwww, and fwiw, I have put my camera THROUGH some
^&#(^# like you would not.... or maybe you WOULD believe.... On
the last "real" trip (2004), the camera was uncharged for 7-10
days, discovered "moist" in it's Quart-Stand-up-Freezer-ZipLoc
riding in the hipbelt pocket of my pack, dipped in the Kennebec,
and subsequently took great pics BEFORE drying out. I've changed
memory cards in windblown cloud, I've had it indicate "battery
out", stuck it in my (sweaty) pocket to get it some body heat,
and thence taken some great pictures when it "discovers" more
battery power. Gotta love it. Mikhail Kalashnikov would be
proud. (Or Herr Glock.)

formfollowsfunctiontoe