[at-l] Appalachian Trail history question

> Mackaye was not an idiot. An idiot would have stuck
> with his original plan.

So...would somebody who thinks we should still stick to his original plan be an idiot too?  I'm needing some clarification here...

> He revised his thinking greatly as the years went
> by. He revised his thinking as the needs that he
> perceived were needed changed.

I've said that before, and I think it's what we need to do today.  We need to be forward thinking about our wilderness and trail space.

Of course, for the most part that means guarding it jealously...

Shane