GPS/GIS (was [at-l] re: Pittsburg(h))

Wow!  You guys got me thinking...

It was 20 years ago that as a lowly undergraduate, I took a GIS programming
class while going to school at Clark University.  Each student had their own
project(s) to program over the course of the class.  Combined, those
projects as well as others from other classes over the years became IDRISI
(http://www.idrisi.clarku.edu/), first released in 1987.  I've never seen
the finished project and have no idea if any of "my" code was ever
incorprorated but it's still a going project and it's nice to see it's being
used for environmental concerns, including those that could affect the
Appalachians such as insect infestations.

Of course, for me, it was so long ago that I wouldn't even think I would
know the best right way at  this point.  As a matter of fact, I would
probably have that deer in the headlights look if you ever tried to talk
with me about the code.  Sigh.  ;-)

A former GeoNut,  (or is it once a GeoNut, always a GeoNut?)

Mara
Stitches, AT99

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor