[at-l] Re: Night Hike was How's yours?

> Does pre-dawn count? I've only done it once, saw no wildlife but did
> almost
> walk over a small cliff. I was in heavy woods though with no moon.
> I'm sure
> a 'moon-bright' night would make for a better experience. I have fond
> memories of wandering fields on 'moon'bright' winter nights. It was
> like an
> eerie daylight.

Pre-dawn is great. Whatever is the early AM version of gloaming is a magical
time of day. Low contrast, nearly silent, almost everything purple or
blue...

Makes me shiver thinking about it! What a great thread.  :-)

I've been thinking about what this list is about. It's about *hikers*. What
we love, what we do, what we get disgusted at. We all fit here, and that
includes a certain someone that many of you would like to wish away. There's
room for all at this table.

Since hikers care about more than just walking in the mountains, we talk
about more than walking in the mountains. But that, and the surrounding
issues, is what we're the most passionate about.

:-)
FrankenLooper the NightWalker