[at-l] Let's ignore the troll and talk about hikin'

I have a confession to make.  I have hiked only 477 miles of
the AT (and some of that is relo's).  In six years I retire and I
want ot have completed the AT by then.  That means that I
need to hike 284 miles a year before I retire (because of a bum
foot I haven't hiked any of the AT this year).  Amy has been
dreaming of hiking and so have I.  So last night and during
coffeee break this morning I have been thinking about my
hiking plans for next year.

Now for another confession, I haven't hiked all of the AT in PA.
It is not do to the lack of trying, it is just that PA has too many
other interesting trails.  Life is way to short to obsess on just
one trail.

In the spring I will be heading down to Waynesboro to hike
from there to Simmons Gap (don't recall how many miles that
is).  My wife will provide shuttles and we will either stay at Loft
Mountain or in some cabins outside of Waynesboro.  The only
payment for these services is to take her out to dinner every
night.

This Fall I hope to hike from PA 235 to PA 225 (9.6 miles) and
then late winter, early spring hike from Penmar MD to
Caledonia (17.1 miles).  This will finish off PA for me (I
technically have MD completed).  I also need to hike from
Culvers Gap NJ to High Point NJ (14.4 miles and this will finish
off NJ) and Kent Ct (CT 41) to a point 8.6 miles north.

Come Fall I am planning to backpack from the last section in Ct
all the way to Vermont (roughly 100 miles).  This would finish
up CT and MA for me.

On a three day weekend I am thinking of  Hiking from
Dennytown NY to Pawling NY (30.4).  This will not finish NY for
me as I stil have the section from Arden Valley Rd to Bear Mtn
Inn to hike.

This is really ambitious hiking plan on my part and as I have
said maybe I can get some of this done this fall..

The follow years I am planning on spending two weeks in the
spring hiking down south and two weeks in the Fall hiking up
north until I get the whole thing hiked.

Cheers,

Grey Owl