[at-l] Ruck definition

Two points:

>OTOH, it shows Rucksack as derived from German.  Now there might be a
>connection between the Old Norse and German, but it isn't all that clear how
>they are related

German and Old Norse both derive from a West Germanic and North Germanic
respectively, which derives from Germanic, which derives from Indo
European, sometimes called proto-Indo-Aryan. Old Norse meaning of ruck
was "wrinkle". Indo Aryan root is "sker-", bend or fold. Cognates
include shrink, flounce, ring, ranch, range (and arrange, derange,
etc.), ribbon, ridge, curb, curves, crinoline, crepe, crisp and so on.
Isn't language beautiful?

>BTW -- Jim was there at the first Ruck

Jim and Ginny founded the Ruck. And we need to have a business meeting
after this Ruck to take as much of the organizational load as indicated
from their shoulders.

- Greenbriar