[at-l] TJ Bitching

In a message dated 10/9/2005 10:49:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tinman@antigravitygear.com writes:
*
*
*
I appreciate Benton and his vision and all that, he's (dare I say it) dead.
To freeze-frame on a vision is certainly an option but I no longer hike with
canvas rucksack and hand axe, I haven't trenched around a tent since the
very early 60's
*
*
*

         If you say something like this you don't understand MacKaye at all.

            MacKaye isn't digging trenches around canvas tents or any other
deprecatory attempt at dating him into obscurity. He is fresher than ever in
the fast changes that are happening locally to the landscape and society. When
you go to a ruined view or Trail section ruined by a recent development you are
looking at Benton MacKaye square in the face. If anything MacKaye is more
alive and intense than when he lived...

*