[at-l] Value of hiker get togethers

In a message dated 10/14/2005 1:16:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
askowronek@mindspring.com writes:

> The amazing thing about our community is how often I run into people
> when I hike.  You'd think the world was a big place and it'd be
> unlikely that we'd find each other, but nope.. I almost always meet
> somebody I know, either on line or in person.

Yeah, on my recent hike in California I thought for sure I'd run into someone
I knew.  Didn't happen but, on the hitch back to Lake Tahoe from Bishop, CA
it took all of 12 minutes to get picked up by someone I did know.

200 miles, hardly any waiting!