[at-l] Post Gathering questions

At 12:12 PM 10/13/2005, you wrote:
>I found this website yesterday...
>http://www.wanderlustgear.com/tents.htm
>
>Tents use hiking poles and weight less than 2 pounds.
>Unfortunatley they're more than $200.

I have the 2-4-2 tent. It works just fine and is a palace for a
single person. It condenses as you would expect from a single
walled tent, but not outrageously. For one it is fine. If my husband
were in it too, then I don't think I would like the condensation. But
with one, it isn't bad. I've had much worse condensation with some
(obviously not well designed) single walled tents. And you get used
to wiping the tent down in the morning.

I'm still looking for a double walled silnylon tent to use with my
husband. I like silnylon a lot since it doesn't absorb water. Nothing
is worse than packing up a wet tent - one that might have started
out as 5lbs but doubled because of the water it absorbed. It looks
like people are starting to make them now. If anyone knows of one
with really good ventilation, let me know.

Daphne aka Blue Sky