[at-l] ALDHA Anniversary DVD

In a message dated 10/11/2005 9:47:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
weathercarrot@hotmail.com writes:

Next  year is the 25th annual Gathering of the Appalachian Long Distance
Hikers  Association. Over the next several months we are planning to put
together  a commemorative DVD profiling the entire history of the Gatherings
and  ALDHA as a way to celebrate this occasion. We'd like to present this as
part of next year's Friday evening program, as well as each attendee
receiving a DVD copy as part of their registration packet. But to create a
complete visual display of ALDHA history, and to do it artistically, we  need
to collect a significant amount of material, from the original 1982
Gathering all the way up to the present time. We're looking for prints,
slides, audio or video recordings, and digital images. The more we  receive,
the more there will be to choose from to make it as creative as  possible.
And given that ALDHA consists of more than Gatherings, we're  also interested
in images from spring meetings, work trips, and the  presence of ALDHA in
relation to other events, towns, etc. Each  contributor would be credited at
the close of the  video.

As I read this I wonder if some pictures from the RUCKS might be
appropriate.  Perhaps a section on "Cabin C" and its inhabitants.  The  culinary skills
displayed at the various gatherings might produce a cookbook of  sorts (or at
least a "what not to do" section).  Also a pictorial display  of sartorial
adventures might be informative.

Skylander