[at-l] The Gathering in Hanover, NH in the Rain

In a message dated 10/11/2005 3:00:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:

We must  have been there together then since I was at both the workshops Ed
did 2 years  ago.

"Two ships passing in the night" not recognizing the other and not knowing
the other -- still, while Ed Speers teaches about the value of hammocking the
fine points are learned as one encounters the elements of terrain, wind, and
rain (hopefully fire will be distant).

In any event the Gathering was worthwhile, though without transportation it
is a bit difficult to get from point A to point B.  Then again, those who
drove were kind and gave rides, while they endured the constant hassle of trying
to find legitimate parking in Hanover.

One of the board members of ALDHA talked about moving the venue to  someplace
in Tennessee (a college campus) for the Fall Gathering.  I hope  that is not
done.  New Hampshire is a beautiful spot (The Dartmouth Campus  and Storr's
Pond) with other towns and villages in Vermont and NH within a short  drive.

Besides, it is a great place for those just completing their AT  Thrus.  One
(at least one) finished just three hours prior to the opening  program of The
Gathering.  That brings a sense of excitement and connection  (and
recollection for those who completed the trail in prior years) to all  Gathering members.

Skylander