[at-l] Anonymous

OOH, now you've gone an' dunnit!!!
(At least the "J" remains the same)
-George Spelvin
123 Main Street
Anywhere, USA 07734

From: Bror8588 at aol.com (Bror8588@aol.com)
Date: Tue Oct 11 08:39:37 2005
Subject: [at-l] The Gathering in Hanover, NH in the Rain

In a message dated 10/10/2005 9:13:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:

Analysis  please. Why were you wet? Water running down lines/too small or
poorly  placed fly/condensation from chilly temps without insulation below?
What  kind of hammock?

I've had problems with waking up with a wet butt in my  Clark when temps
drop in to the 40s. They made the bed of coated nylon  (bad idea) so when it
gets cool and moisture from my body condenses on the  inside, it all runs
down by my butt. A blue foam pad helps a lot by  eliminating the condensation.

BTW you should have gone to Ed Speers'  hammock workshop if he did one. Very
enlightening.

I (Smart guy that I am) thought that I could improve on the Clark Jungle
Hammock setup so I strung a line higher than the hammock (about a foot higher)
and I found out that the line caused a steady drip onto the Hammock  itself.
Also it was really raining quite hard so everything got wet (even  with the
fly).  I did use the Target Blue Pad in the hammock and that did  prevent laying
in a puddle.

Two years ago I attended Ed Speers workshop and learned a lot.  He was  not
at The Gathering this year.  Because I didn't discover the problem of  the drip
until I was laying in my hammock I don't think he could have  helped.  Mea
Culpa!  All the way!

Still, ALDHA's Fall Gathering was a great experience.  Lots of the
"pavilions" were well used by some smart campers.

Wish you could have been there, Saunterer.  I would have enjoyed your
Photography Workshop.

Skylander