[at-l] OT: Pakistan Earthquake

When you see the pictures, look at those mountains and the scenery
behind the devastation. I started hiking and backpacking in these
mountains and some of the pictures bring back childhood memories . . .

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051010/ap_on_re_as/pakistan_quake;_ylt=ArR1ZDmKm3WP3fprSfMMF2qs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

FYI, the boarding school that educated me before college is located
half way between Islamabad and Muzzafarabad. Somehow the school
escaped major damage, perhaps because it sits at about 7 thousand feet
above and 30 kilometers south of the epicenter. While none of the
students were hurt, some of them have parents in the affected areas.
Two kids in particular have parents who run a clinic in Balakot, one
of the villages "wiped off the map" . . . I am still awaiting word
whether anyone I know lived in Islamabad in the Margala Towersthat
collapsed in the earthquake.

I'm waiting now to hear the jihadis' interpretation of this natural
disaster, since it hits at the capital of their jihad in Kashmir, and
since it affected some areas in which some believe Osama bin Laden is
hiding out.

http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/afx/2005/10/10/afx2267681.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/south_asia/2005/south_asia_quake/default.stm

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/10/051010051759.3ov2083d.html