[at-l] TJ Bitching

In a message dated 10/5/2005 8:55:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:
*
*
*
You want to be
anonymous, that's your privilege. Some folks might wonder why you feel the
need to hide though.
*
*
*

        I'm not getting a sense of full honesty with this. As I said before
if I started searching around trying to trace the identity of an anonymous
member I would be set upon and harped on for it. It would be associated with my
general "objectionable-ness" - in fact the need to even discuss this arose from
TJ's usual attempts to dig off-topic dirt on Trail members like he did with
Warren Doyle who was chased from Whiteblaze because of this.

        In my mind and to others with a more rounded Trail understanding
(other than that derived from list chat and gatherings) this whole distrust arises
mainly from a wrongful sense that Trail advocacy is counter or averse to
general Trail membership. It is very clear that personal attacks on some members
are OK for some. It's the reason why that I'm talking about.

         I'd much rather belong to a list of Trail-interested folks
discussing serious Trail matters as the main topic. Maintainers, officers, Trail
planners, inspired folk and movers etc (people who generally accept the Trail's
purpose instead of nit-picking, or mocking it). Chat and trip reports/photos are
OK, I have no problem with them per say, I just feel there are more important
things to do for the Trail than jumble words and make one word ridiculing
entity draws less substantial support than other more mundane clubs or
interests.

*