[at-l] Hillbilly types along the AT

Assuming your question was in good spirits and not an us/them thing:

Only one hillybilly type I encountered, in the Iron Mountain ridge
past Kincorra (above Watauga Lake), and was he a truly gentle and
courteous soul.
A genuine character too. He was out in bib overalls and work boots,
walking his goat Buddy, on the AT.

It was a hot day, and Buddy was panting. He lay down in the shade
immediately as we stopped to talk.

Buddy followed his master everywhere, and when I got close to scratch
him, Buddy got up and hid behind his master, even though it was a bit
more of hot effort to do so. He was truly a "daddy's goat.'
That was my most memorable encounter.

Here's a picture of the two "billys":
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=30936

--