[at-l] Well.....

At 09:07 PM 9/27/2005 -0400, tinman@antigravitygear.com wrote:

> > Thou shalt not kill?  Or did I miss some fine print?
> >
> >  ;)
> >
> > Kelly
> > ***************************
> > - Make Levees not war
> >

>Me thinks you missed some fine print in some very fine printing.  A more
>accurate reading is 'thou shalt not murder'.  There is a subtle but
>significant difference between ...shalt not kill and ...shalt not murder.
>I'm just saying.
>Friar George

17      ? Thou shalt not kill. - Deuteronomy

6       Whoso sheddeth man's blood,  Ex. 20.13  by man shall his blood be
shed: for in the image of God made he man. - Genesis

17      And he that killeth any man shall surely be put to death. - Leviticus

21      ? Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt
not kill;  Ex. 20.13 ? Deut. 5.17  and whosoever shall kill shall be in
danger of the judgment:
22      but I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother
without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say
to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever
shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. - Matthew

19      Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill,
Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honor thy father and
mother. - Mark

20      Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill,
Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honor thy father and thy mother. -
Luke

9       For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou
shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet;
and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this
saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. - Romans

11      For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill.
Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a
transgressor of the law.

FWIW