[at-l] Adirondack Hike report

eArThworm and I met yesterday and did a short hike to the summit of Mt.
VanHoevenburg. Unfortunately the weather was not the best and although the
rain held off until we were almost out, the views from the cliffs was
through heavy mist. The McIntyre Range was a pale grey silhouette and the
Great Range was completely obscured. I didn't bother taking any photos from
the summit. We did see a lot of mushrooms of all sort on the way in. The
recent wet weather from Katrina must have brought them out. Leaves are only
now starting to turn because summer lingers uncharacteristically late this
year and I did get one leaf photo although I think the color change is due
more to weakened state of the tree than to the approaching autumn. The
photo is posted at <http://hiking.jimbullard.org/pod2.htm>.