[at-l] Baxter State Park on Labor Day Weekend

In a message dated 9/12/2005 4:59:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cedric_maxwell@yahoo.com writes:
Well, the climb up Traveler was a piece of cake, and it was BEAUTIFUL!! We
lounged there for a while. We really enjoyed all the ridge walking until the
trail dives back into the brush. The final climb up N Traveler was a rough
one,
but only because of how rugged the loop is to that point. We took another
break
at the summit before heading back to the van. All told, we were on the loop or
about 6 hours... it was a little cloudy and a little windy, but the
temperature
was perfect for hiking. We really loved this loop, as the terrain was
constantly changing. From the bizarre formations on POTR, to the little knife
edge to the open summit of Traveler to the crazy landscape on N. Traveler...
it
was an incredible hike. It was a hard but rewarding 11 miles.

Glad you enjoyed your trip to the 'back end' of the Park, Chomp! Have you
ever been up Traveler before? The Matagamon gate gets less than 10% of BSP
visitors, so shhhhhh!

Teej