[at-l] My inbox was smokin....

I'd like to mention a few things and then I'll go back into my deep,
dark semi-lurking mode. It's safe there.

#1 - The Gathering. I won't make it this year.  I regret this because
some folks attend this event that don't attend Trail Days or the Rucks
and I'd like to see you.

#2 - New Year's Eve on top of Springer. I'll carpool with just about
anyone as long as you don't smell like an ashtray. I'll be stopping to
see Shelly in Tennessee, so if you can't stand women talking, don't
bother. On the other hand, you can sit out on the porch while we talk
about you. I'm departing Cleveland Ohio on Dec. 29. If interested, email
me off list.

#3 - The Rucks. I'll be going to the SORuck. I figure from the size of
last year's SORuck, I better reserve my spot NOW. I'll be attending the
PA Ruck too. I don't miss that one- it's the only time I get to see Grey
Owl, Steve Landis and Sparky.

#4 - Shane. I'm real sad about his situation. I'm real sad he lost his
cat---it tore my heart out. Keep him in your thoughts. I've never met
Shane, but he seems like a good man. Most hikers are. I know there are
folks who have lost more, but this hits home.
Back to lurking and reading your debates.  I enjoy the diversity and
arguments no matter what the issues are. I'm also enjoy the links
everyone is providing.  I wish you all well.

Marsha