[at-l] CNN Report AND Other Hiking Suggestions

Rafe wrote:

><http://slate.msn.com/id/2125733/?nav=fix>
><http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2005_09/007022.php>
><http://mediamatters.org/items/200509030001>

Thank you - but what he SAID was -  "I don't think anyone anticipated the
breach of the levees."
NOT "nobody could have guessed that the levees would let go?"

Do you understand the difference?

>>LOL!!!  FEMA wasn't IN the city
>
>Umm, isn't that the problem, Kemosabe?

Yes - that IS the probem - they weren't allowed in.  By the governor.  BIG
problem.  That doesn't make it THEIR problem, but it means they CAN'T do
their job.  So what's your beef?  Shouldn't you be directing your anger at
those who made the job impossible?

>How can FEMA claim such ignorance? Oh, I
>forgot.  The head of FEMA is a Bush crony
>whose only expertise is doing PR for Arabian
>horses.  Before that, it was Joe Allbaugh, who
>despised the basic mission of FEMA to begin
>with (he refered to it as an "entitlement program.")

So what ?  Two points - 1/ if you ever work a job that requires total
concentration for 16 or 20 hours a day - and the people who are supposed to
feed you information fail to do so, then and only then,  come back and
complain about those who were in that position during the hurricane.  And 2/
Your attitude denigrates a hell of a lot of people who are out there busting
their butts to help people.  What have YOU done about the situation?

The "head of FEMA" isn't the one who's on the ground - he's just in front of
the cameras.  And neither he nor his people can do crap if there's no
cooperation and coordination with local authorities (i.e. - Nagin and
Blanco).

>Chertoff and Brown were on public TV, arguing
>with reporters *on the scene* about what was
>going on.  That's absolutely inexcusable.
>
>Wasn't your post about just that?  False claims
>of innocence?

Nobody "claimed innocence" for anyone - "my" post was about those who were
actually NOT doing their jobs - not about wild accusations.

>How is it that Dear Leader (W) and his eviscerated
>FEMA and "Homeland Security" bears no responsibility
>at all?

So who said that?  "I" said they cannot do their jobs if the governor and
mayor fail to give them the information and cooperation that's required to
get it done.  That doesn't make Bush or FEMA as culpable as you'd like to
believe.

>If Dear Leader is so proud of his performance, why is
>the whitewashing already under way?  Reporters being
>threatened.  FEMA requesting no photos of bodies.
>A hastily convened "bipartisan commission" to
>investigate -- but no Democrats invited?  Why is it
>that 58% of the public (CBS poll) disapprove of
>Bush's handling of the crisis?

If you don't know the answer to most of that, then you should look at your
own rhetoric.  And consider your own level of ignorance and insensitivity
about some of it.

Um - 58% - I don't think so - haven't seen that poll but the one I have seen
is summarized here:
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm

It says:

>A CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll of 609 adults taken September 5-6 shows:
>
>Blame Game -- 13% said George W. Bush is "most responsible for the problems
>in New Orleans after the hurricane"; 18% said "federal agencies"; 25% said
>"state and local officials"; 38% said "no one is to blame"; 6% had no
>opinion. -- 29% said that "top officials in the federal agencies
>responsible for handling emergencies should be fired"; 63% said they should
>not; 8% had no opinion.

There's more.

I'm gonna add answers to your latest -
Rafe wrote:
>Ya know, Haley Barbour (another close pal of W's) is guv' of
>Mississippi....
>and we are just now starting to see the devastation in
>the rest of the gulf.

Yes - but you're NOT seeing the kind of probems that have been coming out of
NO.  And Mississippi has just as many "poor" as NO.

>Why are they so intent on hiding the bodies?  Yes,
>those from Iraq, and those from New Orleans...

Do you know how asinine that is?  How insensitive?  How utterly selfish?
How sick it is?
There are reasons for not taking pictures of bodies - and common decency is
at the top of the list.  How did you miss that?  Tell me - does your local
TV station show bodies when they cover murders or accidents?  I don't think
so.

Geez, Rafe - "Dear Leader"??  My 5-year old grandson does better insults
than that.

Another bloody amateur

Walk softly,
Jim