[at-l] CNN Report AND Other Hiking Suggestions

<http://slate.msn.com/id/2125733/?nav=fix>
<http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2005_09/007022.php>
<http://mediamatters.org/items/200509030001>

>>Or FEMA not knowing about the crowds gathered
>>at the Convention center? Homeland Security not knowing what any watcher
>>of cable news can see with their own eyes?
>
>LOL!!!  FEMA wasn't IN the city

Umm, isn't that the problem, Kemosabe?

>- and the Convention Center was opened as a shelter without notification
>to FEMA.  How were they supposed to know?  And don't tell me it was on the
>news - it didn't show up on the news till several days after they did it.

How can FEMA claim such ignorance? Oh, I
forgot.  The head of FEMA is a Bush crony
whose only expertise is doing PR for Arabian
horses.  Before that, it was Joe Allbaugh, who
despised the basic mission of FEMA to begin
with (he refered to it as an "entitlement program.")

Chertoff and Brown were on public TV, arguing
with reporters *on the scene* about what was
going on.  That's absolutely inexcusable.

Wasn't your post about just that?  False claims
of innocence?

How is it that Dear Leader (W) and his eviscerated
FEMA and "Homeland Security" bears no responsibility
at all?

If Dear Leader is so proud of his performance, why is
the whitewashing already under way?  Reporters being
threatened.  FEMA requesting no photos of bodies.
A hastily convened "bipartisan commission" to
investigate -- but no Democrats invited?  Why is it
that 58% of the public (CBS poll) disapprove of
Bush's handling of the crisis?

rafe b
aka terrapin