[at-l] Natural Disasters...

Quoting Raphael Bustin <rafeb@speakeasy.net>:

> At 08:01 AM 9/7/2005 -0500, Felix wrote:
>
> >If everyone took a bit of responsibility and stored food and drinking water
> >themselves, there wouldn't need to be an elaborate distribution plan. I
> have
> >gallons of water stored in my basement and enough food in the house that I
> >could survive weeks on. How many of you do? Or, will now?
>

> How would gallons of water stored in the basement
> help if your house is flooded with water up past the
> second story?
>
> It's easy to conjure up coulda/shoulda/woulda scenarios
> in hindsight.

My water is not stored in hindsight, Rafe. That's my point! And, you also
obviously have to take into consideration the most logic source of disaster. I
live in Tornado Alley. I live on top of a ridge at an elevation of about 800'.
So, in my situation, storing food and water in the basement makes the most
sense. (Doesn't it?)  Now, if I lived below sea level and essentially next to
the sea, I'd rethink where I'd put my water and food.

 Felix