[at-l] Natural Disasters...

At 08:01 AM 9/7/2005 -0500, Felix wrote:

>If everyone took a bit of responsibility and stored food and drinking water
>themselves, there wouldn't need to be an elaborate distribution plan. I have
>gallons of water stored in my basement and enough food in the house that I
>could survive weeks on. How many of you do? Or, will now?

How would gallons of water stored in the basement
help if your house is flooded with water up past the
second story?

It's easy to conjure up coulda/shoulda/woulda scenarios
in hindsight.

All that said -- I've occasionally thought that in a
life/death struggle, a working MSR water filter may
be the most important and valuable tool I own.

Right now the toxic sludge from NO is being pumped
back into Lake Pontchartrain.  Some official said
that the water in NO won't be safe to drink for at
least nine months.  Monday's headlines were all
about the E. coli in the water.

rafe b
aka terrapin