[at-l] Another point of view

~ spooky wrote:

>I'm still waiting for the right to blame all of this on Clinton...

Nope - not ALL of it.  But he gets as big a piece of the blame as Bush - or
Carter or Bush 1 or Reagan or ---- any other administration for the last 70
years.  You don't wanta go there.

Ah, hell - as long as I'm here - for Marty and a few others -

I've noticed --- that whenever someone comes up with something like this on
at-l, there are those whose immediate reaction is to attack the credibility
of the source --- and ignore the facts.  Don't let it worry you - what it
means is that they have no reasonable, valid or viable rebuttal to the facts
so they dismiss them as invalid based on the source.  That doesn't make the
facts invalid.  It just makes their response --- uh, there's a word for it
-- lessee - well, maybe I don't wanta go there either.  But it does get
really laughable sometimes when the only response you get is either silence
or misdirection.

For Dawg and JimB - for anyone who understands the system, TJ's article
makes it perfectly clear that the communications problem isn't the Feds, but
rather the state and local gubmints.  Blanco wants control - and has already
proved that she can't handle the job.  Nagin wants control and has already
proved he can't handle the job.  Nagin, for example, failed to follow any
part of his own hurricane emergency plan and both of them had to be begged
by Bush to order an evacuation in the first place.  And they're both
ignorant as to how to deal with the Feds/FEMA.  Does FEMA have problems?
Maybe so - but FEMA is also constrained by law from providing help that's
not asked for by the local authorities.  OTOH - there were troops inserted
on Friday - meaning it took just 3 days from the time the levees broke - NOT
the week that the media has sometimes bounced around.  If there's confusion
about who controls those troops, then the blame falls squarely on Blanco
because while she "may" control the LA Guard, once she asks for National
Guard troops from other states she has no authority whatever over those
troops - only the Feds get that authority - by law.  And if she hasn't given
up control of the LA National Guard to the Feds, then she's causing a lot of
confusion in the command structure.  And in this situation, that leads to
more deaths.  It's a "control issue" that has nothing to do with Bush.

Keep in mind that the LA National Guard totals 11,500 troops with 3500 of
them presently in Iraq.  So where did the other 40,000 troops come from?
The (Federal) military and other states, of course - and by law, neither
Nagin nor Blanco have any legal authority or control over them.  Tell me
again - whose problem is it?

Facts --- don't get them confused with opinion.

Walk softly,
Jim

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/