[at-l] Info Relay (Shane) - OT

In a message dated 9/4/2005 12:17:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jsmith@wate.com writes:
*
*
*
A little research easily proves this statement absurd.

>From the official Jefferson Parish emergency information Web site
(http://www.jeffparish.net/?DocID=4314):

"Jefferson Parish President Aaron Broussard has issued the following
statement: 'Jefferson Parish is not a safe place to return to at this time. Therefore,
I am exercising my authority under the Louisiana Disaster Act and issuing a
'lock out' order for all Jefferson Parish citizens until 6 a.m. on Monday,
September 5th. 'I have asked the Governor to utilize the State Police and National
Guard for assistance in this mandatory lockout. This time will be needed to
clear debris from streets so people can enter Jefferson Parish at their own
risk.'"
*
*
*
          Ah, if you put a southern translation to that it pretty much jibes
with what that person wrote. The original poster was a southern Louisianan.  I
doubt anyone was putting a literal interpretation on his declaring a new
country in Jefferson Parish...

*