[at-l] so many conflicting thoughts re the tragedy down in the bayou

p.s.  in my ramblings I was less clear than I should have been - my main
angst was with those who say everyone should have so easily gotten out
ahead, given the logistics, economic differences, not having vehicles,
not having money for gas, huge raffic jams, government representations
of "safe" places to stay, desire to stay with infirm relatives, etc.  Re
those, like Jim, who make the valid point that folks in good health
should get off their butts more often and easily, I agree, but still
with some of the same caveats re "no man is an island" . . . it would
simply be hard for me to walk away alone with all the ties I think I
would feel for so many I know in my own community, and een re strangers
if I saw them in need as I slogged along . . . sorry if my choice of
words in that 1st para. was a bit strong . . .

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.