[at-l] Sea level and all that..was something else.

A friend of mine is in charge of law enforcement for the southeast region of the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.  He is part of the first responder team that goes to each refuge area after a hurricane.  He's been quite busy over the past two seasons, and his team drove from Atlanta and sat out the storm in Mississippi to go in after Katrina.  He's been able to contact his wife a few times since arriving on the MS coast.  The devastation is difficult to comprehend, even with our television coverage.  Societal devastation seems to have a polarizing effect.  He said that what his Momma said to him long ago is still true:  "When time are bad, the good get kinder and the mean get meaner".  He's been sleeping out on a lowboy trailer since Monday, and glad to be off the ground.  My neighbor works for Sprint and he's rolling out Tuesday.  We're loading his Sprint van with water, and he intends to reload it daily before his planned commute from Mobile to MS.

bluetrail@aol.com wrote:
Now, something just doesn't seem right about that. And, I agree with Dawg that I think it's unfortunate that so many people have been so horribly affected. BUT, I still like it when nature kicks us in the ass a bit and lets us know who's boss. Some things we're just not supposed to do. And, I agree with Walt that the ugly side of humanity seems to be getting uglier.