[at-l] BushCo vs. clean air... again

At 06:08 PM 8/31/2005 -0400, Dawg wrote:

>Not in a sarcastic way, but as a suggestion for temporary relief until the
>refineries can be repaired. I am sorry if it was received in any other way.
>
>A temporary measure until some measure of recovery can take place.
>Dawg

Dawg, I'm as horrified as anyone else by the
news and photos.  In my 52 years (48 of them
in this country) I don't think I've seen a disaster
of this magnitude hit the USA.  It's frightening,
even from the unreal calm of Boston.

I'd like to add this: in addition to Shane's
paypal account, folks might consider simply
donating to the American Red Cross.  I tried
doing that myself earlier today, though their
server seemed very sluggish and I'm not 100%
sure the transaction went through.  Here's
the link:

<https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp>

I figure if Indonesian tsunami victims needed help,
my fellow citizens (yea, even those in red states)
deserve some too.

Oh, and BTW... regular gas was $2.999 this afternoon
at my local fill station here in the western burbs of Boston.
Just shy of forty bucks to fill up the Subaru.

If you've got an open mind, I urge you to read this
column by Ross Gelbspan in yesterday's Boston Globe:

<http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2005/08/30/katrinas_real_name/>

rafe b
aka terrapin